Aeration is an important service to increase
the overall health of your lawn.
How Does Aeration Help Your Lawn?
Lawn Aeration Benefits:
- Reduces soil compaction
- Makes Water and Oxygen more available in the soil
- Makes watering and irrigation systems more eﬃcient
- Improves fertilizer uptake
- Creates a stronger, more eﬃcient root system
- Reduces water runoﬀ and puddling
- Improves thatch breakdown
Aeration is the first step to a healthy lawn. Lawn aeration improves air, water, and nutrient movement in the soil which aids in breaking down thatch. Aeration also alleviates hard packed soils, especially high-activity clay soils. If your lawn is not aerated, a thinning of the grass may occur, which allows weeds and disease to take over.
How Often Should Lawn Aeration Be Done?
Aeration is recommended to be done either spring or fall, and on a yearly basis. Tawa Tree & Lawn oﬀers a single pass or a double pass lawn aeration. A double pass is more beneficial. Broadcast overseeding is highly recommended along with aeration.